As a new type of building material, polycarbonate sheet is favored by the majority of architectural designers. It is used more and more widely and has replaced glass in many fields. Do you know why polycarbonate sheets are so popular? Let’s discuss its advantages below.
(1) Light transmittance: the light transmittance of the polycarbonate solid sheet can reach up to 98%.
(2) Impact resistance: the impact strength is 250-300 times that of ordinary glass, 30 times that of acrylic sheet of the same thickness, and 2-20 times that of tempered glass.
(3) Anti-UV: One side of the PC polycarbonate sheet is co-extruded with an anti-ultraviolet (UV) coating, and the other side has an anti-condensation treatment, which integrates the functions of anti-UV, heat insulation and anti-fog droplets.
(4) Light weight: the specific gravity is only half of that of glass, which saves the cost of transportation, handling, installation and support frame.
(5) Flame retardant: The national standard GB50222-95 confirms that the polycarbonate solid sheet is the first level of flame retardant, that is, B1 level. The ignition point of the PC solid sheet itself is 580°C, and it will self-extinguish after leaving the fire. It will not produce toxic gas when burning, and will not promote the spread of the fire.
(6) Bendability: According to the design drawing, the cold bending method can be adopted on the construction site, and the installation can be arched, semicircular roof and window.
(7) Sound insulation: Under the same thickness, the sound insulation of solid polycarbonate sheet is 5-9DB higher than that of glass. Internationally, it is the material of choice for Highway Noise Barriers.
(8) Energy saving: Keep cool in summer and keep warm in winter. The thermal conductivity (K value) of the polycarbonate solid sheet is lower than that of ordinary glass and other plastics. The heat insulation effect is 7%-25% higher than that of the same glass. Heat up to 49%. As a result, the heat loss is greatly reduced, and it is used in buildings with heating equipment, which is an environmentally friendly material.
(9) Temperature adaptability: PC polycarbonate sheet does not appear cold and brittle at -40°C, does not soften at 125°C, and its mechanics and mechanical properties have no obvious changes in harsh environments.
Company Name: Baoding Xinhai Plastic Sheet Co.,ltd
Contact Person: Sale Manager
Post time: Aug-10-2023